MEOR offers sophisticated, relevant Jewish learning commensurate with the intellectual caliber of top students.
At a time of life when so many important choices are made, MEOR introduces students to the timeless message of Judaism in the context of contemporary lives and issues. The range of exploration includes philosophy, psychology, history, science and more, including exploration and discovery.
FOUNDATIONS OF JEWISH PHILOSOPHY
What is Torah study? What is the Jewish concept of the afterlife? Do we have free will?
Jewish concepts of happiness, suffering, prayer, spirituality, faith, love and marriage.
DYNAMICS OF LEADERSHIP
Character development, measuring success, qualities and purpose of Jewish leadership.
A Sampling of MEOR Classes
- Destiny or Decision: Discovering Our Individual Purpose
- Why Be Jewish?
- Learning to Learn: The Talmudic Process
- Isn’t It Enough Just to Be a Nice Guy?
- Communicating for Israel: Answering Difficult Questions
- Science and Torah
- How to Become a Grateful Person
- Jacob’s Encounter with Evil: Wrestling with Our Evil Inclination
- Finding Your Greatness Within
- Yin and Yang? A Jewish Perspective on Balancing Energies in Relationships, Prayer and Life
- Pirke Avos: Applying Jewish Ethics to 21st Century Dilemmas
- Talking About God: The Jewish View of Faith